Saint Pancrazio Tower (1305) and Elephant Tower (1307) are located in Castello district. Designed by G. Capula, the towers were built to defend the castle entrances and bolster the city walls.
The two towers are similar, made of local limestone and with wooden floors. The Elephant's one was used during Aragonese and Spanish reign for storage and as prison; St. Pancrazio's one as a warehouse, lodgings for servants and jail.
Ask to the GIC for more information!